Knowledge Lawyer - News
Exciting new role in online intelligence service
Are you an outstanding lawyer looking for a change of direction? Wanting to obtain a better work life balance and yet remain at the cutting edge of legal developments?
FromCounsel, the leading online legal intelligence service for law firms and in-house lawyers, is looking for a knowledge lawyer to join its News Team on either a full-time or part-time basis.
Since its launch in 2017, FromCounsel has developed a reputation for offering an unmatched knowledge service to corporate lawyers. Our aim is to make our legal content more comprehensive, more insightful and more accessible than anyone else in the market. With over 85% of the top 100 corporate law firms as just some of our clients in corporate law, FromCounsel is now expanding into other areas, including employment, real estate and restructuring and insolvency.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding digital business. We are in an exciting phase of our ongoing development and you will play an integral part in the growth of a ground-breaking legal information service.
Through its prominent position on the FromCounsel Homepage, the News service acts as the gateway to the FromCounsel site and provides high quality, real-time analysis of legal developments relevant to our subscribers.
Working as part of a team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the News service. This is a fast-paced, varied and interesting role, working alongside expert counsel in leading chambers, our talented team of experienced in-house PSLs and our excellent legal editorial team, with significant scope to input into the development of the service and its interaction with other content streams.
- researching and reviewing sources to identify and assess matters of relevance to subscribers
- writing accurate and engaging features on legal developments in areas covered by the News service
- publishing features and refreshing the newspaper-style FromCounsel Homepage on a daily basis
- identifying, reviewing and writing key point summaries of relevant judgments in close liaison with individual barristers and PSLs
- co-ordinating with the PSL and barrister teams to ensure FromCounsel’s content reflects new legal developments
- overseeing production of monthly publications in collaboration with the PSL and editorial teams and inputting into other projects relevant to the News service as required
- working with the PSL and editorial teams to maintain FromCounsel’s Legislation service
- inputting into a dynamic product both in terms of content and its delivery to subscribers
- liaising with our Development Team on technical improvements to the News and Legislation services
Together with a strong technical legal knowledge, the ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ PQE (whether at the Bar or within a law firm) and will be confident applying their legal expertise across different areas of law.
A demonstrable aptitude for writing high quality legal copy in an engaging and accessible way, and a genuine interest in communicating legal developments to others, is essential. Candidates should be focused, efficient and confident in working on their own initiative to deadlines. At the same time, they should enjoy working as part of a team, collaborating with knowledge lawyers and barristers to ensure content meets FromCounsel’s premium standards.
We are looking for:
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- A keen interest in contributing to an innovative product and delivering an exceptional, market-leading service
- Excellent organisational skills and inter-personal skills
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment and to react quickly to developments
- A desire to learn new aspects of wider subject matter relevant to the FromCounsel product and an ability to pick up new concepts quickly
- The ability to apply legal experience to different areas of law
- The ability to contribute to, and where appropriate take responsibility for, projects relevant to the development of the News service
This role is based at our central London office with full flexibility for remote working. Both full and part-time applicants will be considered. Salary is dependent on experience.
Apply for this position
If you are interested in finding out more about, or in applying for, this exciting opportunity, please send your CV, together with a covering letter, to email@example.com, referencing the job title you're applying for in the subject line.
FromCounsel Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy, we will process and hold your CV for 6 months.
FromCounsel is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident scheme. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK without any restrictions.
Click here for the full list of opportunities.