Knowledge Lawyers – TaxExciting new roles in online intelligence service
Are you an outstanding lawyer looking for a change of direction? Wanting to obtain a better work life balance and yet remain at the cutting edge of legal developments?
FromCounsel, the leading online legal intelligence service for law firms and in-house lawyers, is looking for tax lawyers to join its Knowledge Team on either a full-time or part-time basis.
Since its launch in 2017, FromCounsel has developed a reputation for offering an unmatched knowledge service to corporate lawyers. Our aim is to make our legal content more comprehensive, more insightful and more accessible than anyone else in the market. With over 85% of the top 100 corporate law firms as just some of our clients in corporate law, FromCounsel is now expanding into other areas, including tax.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding digital business in a newly created role. We are in an exciting phase of our ongoing development and you will play an integral part in the growth of a ground-breaking legal information service. The successful candidates will be instrumental in developing and building out our knowledge service into a new area, with support from expert barristers from leading chambers, our talented team of experienced in-house knowledge lawyers and our excellent legal editorial team.
You will be responsible for writing, reviewing, editing and maintaining first class informative content for FromCounsel’s new tax service. The role is varied with significant scope to input into the development of the service from its inception and its interaction with other content streams.
- Developing the service, over time, with new topics, precedents, legislation, practical resources and news commentary/analysis
- Scoping, writing, reviewing and editing top quality content for the tax service, consistently applying FromCounsel’s unique approach and style
- Maintaining and developing own expertise, keeping up to date with legal and market developments and researching sources to identify matters relevant to subscribers
- Co-ordinating and working in close collaboration with barristers, knowledge lawyers, editors and external experts and specialists
- Supporting customer engagement, including by responding to subscribers’ content queries and assessing market requirements
- Liaising with our Development Team on technical solutions and enhancements to our site for the service
Together with strong technical legal tax knowledge, candidates must have at least 3 years’ PQE and broad experience of tax law in the UK (whether at the Bar or within a law firm).
A demonstrable aptitude for writing high quality legal copy in an engaging and accessible way, and a genuine interest in communicating legal developments to others, is essential. Candidates should be focused, efficient and confident in working on their own initiative to deadlines. At the same time, they should enjoy working as part of a team, collaborating with knowledge lawyers and barristers to ensure content meets FromCounsel’s premium standards.
We are looking for:
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- A keen interest in contributing to an innovative product and delivering an exceptional, market-leading service
- Excellent organisational skills and inter-personal skills
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment and to react quickly to developments
- A desire to learn new aspects of wider subject matter relevant to the FromCounsel product and an ability to pick up new concepts quickly
This role is based at our central London office with full flexibility for remote working. Both full and part-time applicants will be considered. Salary is dependent on experience.
Apply for this position
If you are interested in finding out more about, or in applying for, this exciting opportunity, please send your CV, together with a covering letter, to email@example.com, referencing the job title you're applying for in the subject line.
FromCounsel Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy, we will process and hold your CV for 6 months.
FromCounsel is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident scheme. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK without any restrictions.
Click here for the full list of opportunities.