Head of Employment Knowledge
Rare opportunity in online legal intelligence service
Are you an outstanding employer lawyer looking for a change of direction? Wanting a better work life balance and yet remain at the cutting edge of legal developments?
FromCounsel, a leading online legal intelligence service for law firms and in-house lawyers, is looking for a top quality senior Employment lawyer to join its Knowledge Team as Head of Employment Knowledge.
Since its launch in 2017, FromCounsel has developed a reputation for offering an unmatched knowledge service to corporate lawyers. Our aim is to make our legal content more comprehensive, more insightful and more accessible than anyone else in the market. With over 90% of the leading 100 corporate law firms as just some of our clients in corporate law, FromCounsel is now expanding into other areas, including employment, and has recently launched its new Employment service, bringing FC’s unique approach to the employment law market.
FC Employment Knowledge
Our new best-in-class employment law resource provides Q&A-structured legal knowledge written by barristers from Cloisters Chambers, the leading employment law chambers, and FC's expert knowledge lawyers. The service addresses the questions and issues faced by employment practitioners and provides clear answers, even on the most difficult or grey areas. The resource is designed for practitioners in private practice, in-house legal and HR teams and caters for all levels, from trainees through to partners and professional support lawyers. For more information see our brochure.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding digital business in a senior role. We are in an exciting phase of our ongoing development and you will play an integral part in the growth and development of FC Employment, with support from expert barristers from leading chambers, our talented team of experienced in-house knowledge lawyers and our excellent legal editorial team.
You will be responsible for managing the Employment team and for writing, reviewing, editing and maintaining first class informative content for FC Employment. The role is varied with significant scope and autonomy to input into the expansion of the service and its interaction with other content streams and existing and new product lines.
Head of Employment Knowledge - Key responsibilities
- To lead on the scoping, development and production of new content, including Q&A on new topics and a new automated precedent service.
- To co-ordinate the timely rewriting and updating of existing Q&A to reflect new legal and practice developments and to enhance and expand existing content.
- To coordinate with the News team on the writing of accurate and engaging features on legal developments in the employment sphere.
- To lead on collaboration with barristers and external experts and specialists in relation to Employment Knowledge.
- To liaise with other Team Heads on the development of cross-over content and the review and testing of employment content in new products.
- To support customer engagement, including by organising responses to subscribers’ queries and assessing customer needs and market requirements.
- To manage and support team members individually, monitor workplans and workloads, deal with training and development needs and monitor quality and consistency.
- To recruit for the team depending on business needs and to assist on request with wider Content Team recruitment; to organise relevant inductions, training, probationary reviews, etc.
- To work with senior management on project plans and timescales, targets, schedules and reports.
- To build working relationships across the Content, Commercial and Development Teams and the rest of the business.
Together with strong technical employment law knowledge, candidates must have at least 6 years’ PQE and broad experience within the employment team of a UK law firm.
A demonstrable aptitude for writing high quality legal copy in an engaging and accessible way, and a genuine interest in communicating legal developments to others, is essential. Candidates should be focused, efficient and confident in working on their own initiative to deadlines. At the same time, they should enjoy working as part of a team, collaborating with knowledge lawyers and barristers to ensure content meets FromCounsel’s premium standards.
We are looking for:
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- A keen interest in contributing to an innovative product and delivering an exceptional, market-leading service
- Excellent managerial, organisational and inter-personal skills
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment and to react quickly to developments
- A desire to learn new aspects of wider subject matter relevant to the FromCounsel product and an ability to pick up new concepts quickly
This role is based at our central London office with full flexibility for remote working. Both full and part-time applicants will be considered. Salary is dependent on experience.
Apply for this position
If you are interested in finding out more about, or in applying for, this exciting opportunity, please send your CV, together with a covering letter, to email@example.com, referencing the job title you're applying for in the subject line.
FromCounsel Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy, we will process and hold your CV for 6 months.
FromCounsel is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident scheme. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK without any restrictions.
Click here for the full list of opportunities.